Monday, February 1, 2010

Phishing for Phood

This is what I did this morning:
Read "Tyler's Ultimate" cookbook; some good stuff in there. I was a little disappointed in the recipes inside the book because I can find more and better recipes from the Food Network website by typing in "Tyler's Ultimate".  I'm glad I got the book from the library and controlled myself and didn't buy it first.  I am growing up so fast!
Got on my web surf board when Facebook no longer held my attention and I went back to my emails and started going through the food newsletters I receive, which are quite a few.  I re-signed up for the Culinate newsletter and I can't remember why I unsubscribed.  That will remain to be seen.
I floundered to BakeSpace, one of my favorite sites for sweet things and I discovered that there's more there than sugar.  Maybe one day I'll do the right thing and share a recipe.  I decided I'm going to make an artichoke dip I found on the site for Sunday since it's Super Bowl since I have to work and I don't actually follow football, but it's a good reason to make dips, right?
Maybe I should do something with the 2 bottles of Franks Hot Sauce I have in my pantry for some reason.. I've already checked out their website and I think something could be fixed up.
Then, I bottomed at the Food Network and looked up the bacon episode from "The Best Thing I ever Ate", a program I've set to tape all episodes, to find out just exactly where those maple apple bacon donuts are in San Francisco. Easy to get to by car and I plan to pick up some this coming weekend. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!
I also looked up Animal restaurant from the same episode to see if there was a recipe for the bacon chocolate crunch bar but there isn't, so I've ordered the cookbook from my library.
Time to get back...I think my phishing pole is tugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment